Monday, April 22, 2013

Recycling Jewelry

I look a class this weekend called "Going Green with Jewelry" which I found pretty inspiring.  The description requested that you bring any broken or unworn jewelry to the class at which time we would discuss ways to create them into something new.  Although it does sound relatively straightforward and simple, it was great to see all the ideas and interesting ways people have re purposed their old pieces into something completely different looking (the instructor had a lot of photographs). 

I decided to take some old beaded necklaces I never wear, cut them up and make a bracelet using the beads as well as a shark tooth charm off of another old necklace.  I strung the beads on wire and then twisted the wire together and this is what I ended up with..





I think the best part was successfully figuring out how to manipulate the wire with pliers to make loops in order to attach the new clasps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment